The Kentville Farmers Market began in 2007 as a joint project of the Town of Kentville and the Wolfville Farmers’ Market. With 10-15 vendors gathering each week under the gazebo in Centre Square, we slowly began to transform this historical downtown “heart of Kentville” into a weekly gathering space for our community.
After four steady and successful years of growth, the market became its own entity in 2011, and is now a joint project of the Town of Kentville and the Kentville Farmers Market and Community Garden Society.
During the outdoor season, our market boasts 20 to 30 vendors weekly, a commitment to 100% local Nova Scotian product, weekly live music, showcasing of local not-for-profit organizations, an information booth, market store, ample free parking, customer bistro seating and a great excuse to spend a Wednesday in Kentville!
Our vendors bring a wide range of products to our market, with an emphasis on local production and locally-sourced ingredients for both artisan and food producers. On any given day, you are likely to find a wide and inspiring selection of
- freshly-picked vegetables, herbs, fruits and other produce;
- home-baking, sweets, desserts, and specialty baking;
- local meats, sausages, cheese and eggs;
- plants, flowers, bedding plants, and seeds;
- fair-trade coffee and organic tea;
- local wines, beers, ciders, and spirits
- several unique and ethnic lunch and prepared food items;
- artisan-quality crafts and jewelry;
- gifts, apparel, souvenirs, textiles, and fine art;
- bath and body care, soaps, and herbal products;
- jams, jellies, and preserves;
- and always much, much more!
From October until May the Kentville Farmers Market operates every Wednesday from 10 AM until 2 PM at the Calkin Building, 38 Cornwallis Street. From May to October the market runs from 10 AM until 2pm in the Kentville Centre Square. We hope to see you there!